Saturday, October 16, 2010

Forgetting to blog

Well as the title says I do forget. But anyhow I am here. So I now I have a new person I am infatuated with and we are already friends. I am starting to like her especially after yesterday where she look so pretty. But enough with the ramblings of a teenager. So today I watched a lecture on ethics and theism. It was brilliant! It answered some things I been pondering about. Any fore those who were reading my blog I decided to stay a realist and affirm the existence of abstract objects. The argument for numbers I still yet to be found but there was a good argument. It goes as follows.

1.) Science is abstract.
2.) Abstract objects do not exist.
3.) Therefore science does not exist.

If your like me and you love science you would hate for it to be destroyed. Now think about it if numbers do not exist. Than the person writing numbers is doing nothing than scrambling symbols on the board. So it is analogous in saying the person doing science is doing nothing but look at a bunch of rocks and taking notes. See the logic? When we observe a geologist doing science he is probably observing a rock. He is doing science isn't he? So if abstract objects do not exist than science does not exist. But I think we have good grounds to say science does exist. So math is the same thing. When they are writing symbols on the board they are doing math and math uses numbers as part of the discipline. Now all I have to figure out if numbers are grounded in God.

No comments:

Post a Comment