Sunday, November 28, 2010

Let's begin.

Now it might surprise you that premises 2-6 of the ontological argument are not disputed. That most philosophers will agree that as long as the concept of God is even possible he must exist. Now what it all depends on is the concept of God being logically possible. Now the detractor of the argument has to show whether God is a incoherent concept like a married bachelor or a round square. Now what do I mean by maximally great? Well a being who is omniscience, omnipotent, omnipresent, omnibenevolent and he would exist in every logically way. Since a maximally great being must exist in every possible world it must exist in the actual world since this too is also a possible world. That is what it means to be maximally great. Now is God existence logically possible. I think so. There is nothing incoherent in God nature to make him logically impossible. The atheist has to maintain that God existence is impossible. So that is it for the ontological argument! Pretty short right? Next time I will answer some objections to the argument.


Well I haven't blogged about my personal life in a while. Right now I am doing a two week study on some topics I have been putting off. Right now I am doing a study on abstract objects. This is a serious topic to the Christian philosopher because many philosopher think that abstract objects exist necessarily. Therefore uncreated. But God is the source of all reality and thus created all things. But if God didn't create abstract objects then they exist independently of him. Which makes God part of a infinite number of abstract objects. This is a serious problem for the Christian philosopher. I need to resolve this. I also want to look into Intelligent design a bit more and see if a warrant for design is warranted in biology. Then I want to look into ethics and ethical choices and something about Cognitive faculties and ethics and moral progress.


So I have a lot to study. Maybe I will take a time off facebook. I said I was going to be off for 2 weeks but the number of topics I need to study is overwhelming. Maybe a couple of months. I don't know. Let's talk about that girl I like. I need to stop liking her she is not a Christian it is not going to work out. But there is this other girl that is a Christian who is also smart but I barely see her. But maybe I should ask her out. I don't know but sometimes I feel somewhat lonely. I am a man after all I want to have someone to share my knowledge with make them happy. To be there for them and to love and treasure them. I can't date a unbeliever because of the ethical thinking we differ. So a believer would be great. But most Christians teens are not really Christian as in born again. Because the girl I like she claims she is a Christian but the Bible says by their fruit you shall know them. She think sex before marriage is okay, and she curses etc. So obviously she is one of those people who think that going to church makes you a Christian. It's like saying going to the gym and sitting down makes you fit. So I have decided to look for a believer to date. Make God help me. Or else I will die alone. Well not alone as in God is with me. But you know what I mean. Not that being single is bad but.....



Okay that is it for this blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment