Sunday, November 7, 2010

My views on evolution.

This is quite random but I think it is necessary to talk about. What do I believe about evolution? Well my friend Livingstone put forth a good argument against evolution I must admit. But, I am not going to say that ID is something I will affirm. Nor am I saying that evolution has the upper hand. What I will say though is that I see both sides. And there is nothing theologically holding me from belief in evolution. If fact Dr Aayla (probably spelled wrong my apologies) puts forth a good argument against ID and his believe in what is called theistic evolution. Now ID proponents also give good reason to deny evolution. Like Michael Behe. So what do I affirm about evolution.

Nothing I really don't think it makes a difference on whether or not God exists. So I am free to believe it. But I remain a agnostic on evolution. I don't know if it is true. If someone were to ask me if I believe in evolution I usually respond. I think the arguments on both sides are equally balanced so I have no formal opinion. So that is it for this blog I am sure livingstone will find it interesting. Next time we will do whatever. God bless!

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting blog post. I agree entirely that evolution is not a theological question, but rather a question belonging purely to the realm of science; whether or not a Darwinian model of descent took place has no relevance to the existence of God.
    Regarding Dr. Francisco Ayala's arguments against ID:
    The problem with his arguments against intelligent design is that he is attacking a straw-man version of ID. He is attacking the notion that God is the only possible designer, and therefore genetic diseases, repeating Alu units, etc., would bring in the problem of an evil God.
    The problem with this view is that ID does not define the designer for the simple reason that protein structure and such can only determine that there is or was a designer(s), however such systems cannot define the designer.
    My own two-cents worth and yes I did find this interesting ; )
    God bless.

    ReplyDelete